A heartening political victory in his pocket, US President Barack Obama flew to Hawaii to join his family on the annual vacation, soon after putting his seal on the bill that extends by two months the pay roll tax break on millions of Americans. Obama signed the bill within hours of the Congress passing it after it was held up for days by the Republican leadership in the House of Representatives. [RELATED-STORIES] As pressure started building in, the House Republican leadership lead by Speaker John Boehner caved in to Obama’s demand and was virtually forced to come back from vacation to pass the bill. In his remarks to the press before he left for Hawaii, Obama thanked the Congress. “I said it was critical for Congress not to go home without preventing a tax increase on 160 million working Americans, and I’m pleased to say that they’ve got it done. So I want to thank all the members of Congress for ending the stalemate and making this happen,” he said. “Because of this agreement, every working American will keep their tax cut, about a thousand dollars for a typical family, and that’s — translates into an extra USD 40 or so in every paycheck. Vital unemployment insurance will continue for millions of Americans who are looking for work,” he said. He also asked Congressmen to return and keep working without “drama” and “delay” to reach an agreement that extends the tax cut, as well as unemployment insurance, through all of 2012. The billion measure also includes a two …
Video Rating: 0 / 5
- Stocks Posting Sharp Losses In Early Afternoon Trading – U.S. Commentary
- EARN $500/Day for FREE Make Money Online Now Fast Easy Work at Home Job Earn $500 Daily on the Internet by Surfing the Web
- How does one qualify to receive the FED-ED unemployment insurance extension in California?
- TIer 5 Unemployment Extension Update 05/15/2010
- NCESC Unemployment Benefits – www.ncesc.com « Breaking News