Question by Brad W: How do you file for a “first time extension” of Unemployment Benefits in California?
My benefits are due to run out this week. I am still looking for a job and would like to extend my unemployment benefits but can’t find a straight answer on how to do this on the edd.ca.gov website and it’s impossible to reach anyone on the phone.
A. For a first time extension, does EDD automatically extend my benefits? Do they send me something in the mail without any action from me? If so, when should I expect to receive these documents and what kind of forms will I need to file?
B. If I need to reapply online and EDD won’t be sending me anything, where do I do this? Is it the same online application you submit for first timers?
C. How long does it take to get my benefits reenacted where checks are being sent to my house?
Thanks in advance for your insight!
Answer by Johnny D
I just went through this not to long ago. The extension should be automatic, although I would still call and make sure. You can go to your unemployment office and use the phones there. They should have a direct line to EDD and not get those automated hang ups when it is really busy. (You may have to keep trying but you will get through.) Here is a link to find a One-Stop Career Center that may have the resources you need to do this. http://www.edd.ca.gov/Jobs_and_Training/pubs/osfile.pdf
Hope this helps and best wishes on the job hunt,
Give your answer to this question below!
- None Found
Incoming search terms:
- Can I file an unemplyment extention in Dec 2014 in California?
- i want to reaply for a benefit extention
- how do you file for first extension in ca
- 1st time on unemployment ca
- can i file for unemployment a second time?
- can you get unemployment extention if first time filing 2014
- how file an unemployment extension in ca
- how to file for 1st unemployment extension in california
- How to file for first time unemployment extension benefits