Fall in unemployment claims buoys indexes
Stocks rallied, with indexes logging their biggest advances in three months, as a decrease in weekly jobless claims beat estimates and growth in service industries bolstered confidence in the recovery. DuPont and Caterpillar led gains among industrial firms while Big Lots earnings beat forecasts, lifting retailers. Crude oil prices fell 32 cents to 101.91 per barrel.
Read more on Boston Globe
U.S. Payrolls Rose 192,000; Jobless Rate at 8.9% in February
U.S. employers added 192,000 workers in February, amid an improving economy and more seasonable weather, and the unemployment rate unexpectedly declined to 8.9 percent, the lowest level since April 2009.
Read more on Bloomberg
GLOBAL MARKETS-World stocks drop, dollar slips after US data
* US Feb payrolls rise, jobless rate lowest since April 09 * U.S. stocks, world stocks fall * US dollar fails to benefit from jobs data (Updates prices, adds oil, details) NEW YORK, March 4 (Reuters) – …
Read more on Reuters UK Focus via Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance
- EARN $500/Day for FREE Make Money Online Now Fast Easy Work at Home Job Earn $500 Daily on the Internet by Surfing the Web
- Stocks Posting Sharp Losses In Early Afternoon Trading – U.S. Commentary
- How does one qualify to receive the FED-ED unemployment insurance extension in California?
- How to Make Money Online Earn $500 To $1000 A Day Now! Totally FREE Work from Home!
- NCESC Unemployment Benefits – www.ncesc.com « Breaking News