Question by : Can unemployment take your federal tax return if you owe unemployment?
My hubby was overpaid unemployment, and I know they can take your state, but can they take your federal? I have googled this question with not much luck. If it helps, we are in Missouri. Thanks in advance.
Answer by SmartA$ $
The IRS does accept offsets from state unemployment agencies. Whether or not Missouri filed for an offset with the IRS is up to them.
What do you think? Answer below!
- None Found
Incoming search terms:
- can unemployment take your federal taxes
- can unemployment take my federal refund
- if i owe unemployment will they take my taxes
- does unemployment take your tax return
- can unemployment take your federal tax return
- of you owe Ohio unemployment compensation can they take your federal tax return
- if i owe the state money can they take my federal tax return?
- how long do unemployment waite to take your taxes if you owe and can they take state and federal
- if you owe unemployment can they take your federal taxes
- can unemployment take your taxes