Question by : Can unemployment take your federal tax return if you owe unemployment?
My hubby was overpaid unemployment, and I know they can take your state, but can they take your federal? I have googled this question with not much luck. If it helps, we are in Missouri. Thanks in advance.
Answer by SmartA$ $
The IRS does accept offsets from state unemployment agencies. Whether or not Missouri filed for an offset with the IRS is up to them.
What do you think? Answer below!
- None Found
Incoming search terms:
- can unemployment take your federal taxes
- can unemployment take my federal refund
- if i owe unemployment will they take my taxes
- does unemployment take your tax return
- unemployment took my federal tax refund
- can unemployment take your federal tax return
- if you owe unemployment can they take your federal taxes
- can unemployment take your taxes
- Can your federal income taxes be offset for overpaid unemployment benefitsoverpaid unemployment benefits
- i owe unemployment can they take my taxes