Question by ianel: Can i collect unemployment insurance while pregnant and going to school in nj?
I am weeks pregnant, single and i am planning to get a unemployment insurance am i qualified? And if i am. Can i go to school while my belly is getting big?
Rob i am already married but my husband is not here yet. I am also paying all the things you’ve said. You don’t have the right to judge people. Anyway for your information I am married but it is not valid here as long my husband gets here so i am still single if i pay my taxes. May God bless you Rob and thank you for your opinion.
Answer by Jeanbug
You can’t collect unemployment just because you are pregnant.
Unemployment is for people who lost their job through no fault of their own — such as a layoff.
Quitting because you are pregnant is not a qualifying reason.
And even if you could draw unemployment, going to school would stop the benefits since part of the requirement for drawing benefits is that you are actively applying for work AND are ready, willing, and able to work if a job offer arises.
Add your own answer in the comments!
- Stocks Posting Sharp Losses In Early Afternoon Trading – U.S. Commentary
- EARN $500/Day for FREE Make Money Online Now Fast Easy Work at Home Job Earn $500 Daily on the Internet by Surfing the Web
- How does one qualify to receive the FED-ED unemployment insurance extension in California?
- TIer 5 Unemployment Extension Update 05/15/2010
- NCESC Unemployment Benefits – www.ncesc.com « Breaking News